So the first day at Anime Fest/ Comicon was pretty sweet. I seem to make random new friends every year, and it's always a pleasure spotting old ones. I finally got the chance to meet my favorite cosplayer
again and thank her for her help on my old Agito jacket, so that was exciting... even if I did completely bug out!
So yeah, I'm staying at my friend's place in the Bronx for the weekend so it's easier to get to and from the con during the weekend.
Hoping to get Simone Legno's autograph tomorrow
We got his autograph! It required waking up at extremely early and arriving an hour before the show opened, but the tree of us got the last of the autograph tickets! I'm super excited and now the proud owner of an autographed Adios vinyl!!
Saturday was just an amazing day. Met up with another group of friends and had a blast! There was some amazing artwork in the artist's alley, met Lou Ferrigno and got a signed postcard by Connie Orr for a friend of mine.
Friday and Saturday were both huge successes, here's looking forward to Sunday!
~For a more comprehensive report check out ~Kukoyimo
's journal kukoyimo.deviantart.com/journa…
Some random thoughts:
Free toothpaste = win
Donkey Kong Country Returns is amazing, GOLDENEYE IS BACK!!
Leon is awesome
and we stalked Altair (Check Kukoyimo's journal for more details)
*~*~*~*~*~*Edit Two: Sunday edition*~*~*~*~*~*
Ahhh, I was going to post about everything that happened today, but ~Kukoyimo
has done a very nice job of that already, so further comments serve to be redundant. Head over to her journal linked above!
Some worthwhile things to mention, though, are:
- ATTENDED THE NIKITA PANEL! For the uninformed, La Femme Nikita was a TV series (based on a Hollywood movie, based off a French movie... this series has quite a history) that aired from 1997-2001, and one of the better things to come from Canada. I seriously watched this show religiously and was heartbroken when it ended, so I am stoked that the series has been given new life. The main cast was there for Q&A, and had an autograph session afterward, but I unfortunately did not make it
- I met Minori Chihara (voice of Yuki from Haruhi) and also got a signed poster of the cast of K-On!
- Saved Square Enix- They had run out of some literature, and by chance I just so happened to have a bunch of the postcards they were looking for in my hands (from hours before; I returned to their booth in order play the Wakfu demo and then Goldeneye across the lane), so a rep from SE pulled me aside and asked to trade them for an exclusive FFIV tee
- Met brentalfloss and got a signed poster!! AND told us where he got his Megaman t-shirt!
- Leon bought a big-ass sword.
- Almost forgot my luggage at the con!
All in all, this was a perfect weekend and I had an amazing time. To all my friends who made that so, here is a big "THANK YOU!!!"
Oh yes! I forgot to add, I met Lance Festerman on Friday! He runs Bookexpo America, NY Comic Con and NY Anime Fest. I read his newsletters every month, so it was exciting meeting him in person!